Reviews & Awards
Our exquisite cooking guarantees a delicious meal. Fortunately, we are not the only ones who feel that way, so here is a list of our awards and quotes from food critics.
- Voted Best hoagie by the Valley Advantage 2009,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Voted best hoagie/sandwich shop by Happenings Magazine 2016.
- Voted best hoagie by the Scranton Times 2012
- Voted Best Cheese Steak Scranton Times 2017 and 2018
- Voted Best Cheese Steak Electric city 2017 and 2018
The Only Place for Hoagies & Sandwiches
Steve & Irene's is my favorite place to get great sandwiches at exceptional prices. I honesty don't think I can make an Italian hoagie at home for the cost of what they charge. Tons of meat, fresh bread, crisp veges! The Italian Hoagie is one of my favorites along with their hamburgers and cheesesteaks (I highly recommend the Pittsburgh Cheesesteak)
They also have specials that they swtich out monthly. I just had their pulled pork sandwich topped with cole slaw-YUM! I had yet to order the "Saucy Dog" but someday I will try it.
The staff is always friendly and accomodating when you call and pick up your food. Delivery is also available to the surrounding area.
If you are anywhere near Mayfield, this is THE place to go for sandwiches. It's definitely worth the trip.
- Pros: Excellent Food, Super Friendly Service & Great Prices
- Cons: Not always heathy but ALWAYS delicious!
All i have to say is this place has the best hogies around well and potato pancakes.....Always fresh hot friendly service i will always order my hogies from here....prices are great as well...
- Pros: out of this world food and service